Thursday 7 April 2016

Lilac House Mouse


I'm really thrilled to say that this little mouse helped me be in the Top 3 at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge...eeeeeek!!



I've used my one and only house mouse stamp for this card. 

I'm sure to start a collection of House Mouse stamps though, as they are simply adorable! 

House-Mouse have their own challenge blog and I decided to play along.  


The current challenge is a BLOG HOP CHALLENGE, HMFMC# 216 and the theme is to use stencils with a HMD stamp. The design team have loads of inspiration and there are some great prizes on offer.


Here is what I made.


I used a Crafter's Companion stencil called Mini Stick Flowers by Balzer Designs to create the background on white card stock. I applied Memento inks in Danube Blue, Lilac Posies and Rose Bud with a blending tool over the stencil, then inked the edges to make a border. I also blended some inks onto the House-Mouse image background.

The stamp is Scent of Lilac and features tiny Monica mouse. It is coloured with Spectrum Noir markers. It was die cut with an Xcut scalloped square, then trimmed into a rectangle, as I felt there was too much 'white space'. A larger rectangle of white card was also die cut and the image was mounted on foam pads.

I added ribbon along the bottom of the card and glued on some die cut flowers with lilac crystal gems for the centres, along with the sentiment. The whole card was then mounted on black card and attached to the card base.



I'd like to enter this card for these challenges:


Simon Says Stamp Happy 7th Birthday Wednesday Challenge

Digi Choosday Week 14 Anything Goes

Brown Sugar Challenge #192 Anything Goes

xoxo

20 comments:

  1. A fun mix of stamps and stencils, Carole! I'm waiting and waiting to be able to smell our lilacs this spring, but it'll be awhile! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment, Lin! I love lilac too...maybe another four weeks and it will be blossoming? x

      Delete
  2. Oh Carole this is absolutely GORGEOUS! Your image is so pretty it's framed so beautifully. Fabulous stenciling too. Thanks so much for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Good luck!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy ​♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely, supportive comments! xReally enjoyed the blog hop. x

      Delete
  3. ooooooooooooooooo do love this card super use of the stencil, thank you for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Challenge and special blog hop
    hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thnaks so much for the encouragement! Had wonderful inspiration all through the blog hop! x

      Delete
  4. Hi, Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog. Feel free to drop by anytime and check out my House Mouse 365 challenge. This is a lovely card, a sweet image and great stenciling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie. I'll certainly be checking in on your blog from time to time. x

      Delete
  5. Carole this is super sweet and a gorgeous background very beautiful card

    Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
    Goodluck and hope we see you again.

    Gr Karin DT Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karin. I'll be acquiring more HMD stamps and playing along with the challenges. x

      Delete
  6. Nice Card. Lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at BSC.

    hugs
    Claudia
    DT Brown Sugar Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness this is beautiful!! I love the soft blending of your colours...your image is beautifully done!!! Thank you for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge Carol...good luck!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable, the stencilled background really sets off the focal image. Thanks for joining us for the 'Anything Goes' challenge at Digi Choosday.
    Gail Digi Choosday DT
    http://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carole, your card is beautiful. Lovely colors on the stenciled background and your adorable image is colored up so beautifully. So glad you played along with our challenge at the house Mouse and Friends MOnday Challenge, and shared your gorgeous card with us.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time to leave such a lovely comment, Sue. I really do appreciate it. x

      Delete
  10. Hi Carole. Love your card with its great details, fab stenciling, lovely colors and adorable Mousey! Thanks so much for playing along with us on HMFMC's Special combined Blog-Hop with Stampendous! Good Luck! :) p.s. What country are you located in? Please let us know this. Thx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi America, Thanks for your very encouraging comments! I'm new to the House-Mouse brand - they are absolutely adorable, but I only have the one stamp just now :( I'm in the UK. xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.