Saturday 15 October 2016

Autumn Tag

Hello!



My tag was in the Top 3 at Crafty Friends Challenges and Top 3 at Crafting With An Attitude!
    

A very warm welcome to my latest followers (Jarka, AngeLLina, Anna, Matty and Mapnha).
I'm so happy you were all able to join me.

Well, this week has been quite beautiful, weather-wise, here in North West England, but I have noticed that the trees have begun shedding their leaves at a rapid pace. They look so lovely. This is my miniature weeping cherry tree; it won't be long before it is bare :(


I've been playing with some Gecko Galz collage sheets and this is an Autumn Tag I made.


My tag is 8cm x 16 cm, made from heavy white card stock. It was backed with free paper which I found on Geko Galz Pinterest page. The edges were inked in TH Spiced Marmalade.  A brown doily was cut into two and attached to the bottom and top of the tag.

I fussy cut and inked the edges of images from these collage sheets:
* Fall into Nature 2 (main tree) 
* Fall Colours Jewel It 1 & 2   (squirrel, birds on branch, autumn tree)


I placed a burlap tag to act as backdrop to the main tree image; the image was placed on foam pads to make it 3D. The birds on a branch were added on pop dots and the squirrel placed to stand on the stones at the foot of the tree.

 Cotton lace was adhered down the left side of the tag. Patterned paper flags which were gifted to me in some recent happy mail (thanks, Dawn!) were added beneath the image and curled at the edges. Two felt buttons were tied with orange twine and held in place on top of the flags with glue dots. The Autumn Tree was added as a sentiment.

Finally, ivory organza ribbon was threaded through the tag and two fabric autumn leaves, which I glittered, were adhered to the top of the tag, along with a silver tree charm.



****

There's still a day left to add yourself to the draw for my blog candy. 
It closes at midnight GMT on 16th October . 
The winner will be announced on the 17th October.
You can find out how HERE.


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Gecko Galz October Challenge - Fall into Autumn 29/10
Go Tag Thursday #18 - Autumn 20/10 SHOWCASED
Sasayaki Glitter Challenge October - Autumn/Harvest/Halloween 4/11
Moving Along With The Times  #31 - Trees/Leaves 26/10
Crafty Friends Challenge #42 - Autumn Colours 21/10 TOP 3
A Gem of a Challenge #180 - Autumn Colour Inspiration 28/10
The Crafty Addicts #26 Autumn Colours 25/10
Crafty Girls Creations #27 AG 19/10
Creative Knockouts #163 AG 20/10




I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.