Sunday 11 December 2016

Circular Tags for Gecko Galz

Hello everyone!

It's Sunday - how are you spending your day?
I hope you have fun whatever you do!
Later this afternoon we're decorating our tree and putting the fairy lights outside.

Today it's my turn to show some of the tags I made for Gecko Galz.
Remember that if you leave a comment below and a comment on the main blog (which is here), you could win a prize. Daily prizes are being given away throughout the whole month of December, so please visit us every day if you can!

This is quite a long post, so why not grab a cuppa, sit back and enjoy!

We'd love you to join in the Gecko Galz December challenge. 

The theme is 'Tag, You're It'. 

The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product (this can be one of the freebies, so check back through the blog and also look at the freebies on the Pinterest page, or of course you can buy at the Etsy store!)

I made simple Circular Tags, tiny Envelope Tags, a Shaker Tag and a Spinner Tag:
(The products I used are shown at the end of this post.)

1.  The first tags are simple circular tags:


How to make:
1. Cut a circle out of white card (I used a scalloped circle die for mine)
2. Cut 2 circles from patterned paper - one for the front, and one for the back - glue them in place. I used Grandma's House paper.
3. Ink the edges to get rid of any white paper edges - I use Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
4. Fussy cut images, bingo cards and any other paper embellishments, like the sprig of holly.  Ink the edges of these.  The candy cane boy is from the Holiday Kids collage sheet, and the angel is from Tiny Christmas Angels collage sheet. The Santa Bingo card is from the Alter It collage sheet.
5. Arrange the elements onto the tag and adhere. I used foam pads to raise the children for a bit of dimension. 
6. I added some glitter around the outside edge of the tag 
and some iridescent glitter to the angel's wings and dress.
7.  Add some sequins.
8. Punch a hole in the top of the tag and thread a ribbon or chord through. Finish of with a bow.
9.  For the back of the green tag, I die cut a Santa image from the Christmas Sayings Stamp set, inked the edges and glued it to the back. For the back of the red tag, I chose one of the images from the Christmas Sayings set, placed it into PowerPoint ('Word' would work too) and added a 'To' above the image and 'From'  below the image.


2.  My next tags are little envelope tags.  
I placed a chocolate coin in each of mine:


How to make the envelope tag:
I made these using an Envelope Punch Board and I found the tutorial here: Envelope Punch Board Tag
However, they could easily be made without the board.
I'll try to explain how:
1. Cut a piece of patterned paper 4 inches by 4 inches (10 cm x 10 cm) 
2. Make a mark on each edge of the square's sides at 2 inches
3. Make a 1/2 inch cut into the paper at the marks.
4. Fold over the four corners of the square in line with the cuts.
5.If you like, use a corner punch to round the corners of the envelope flaps.
6 If you wish, die cut a circle from the front of the envelope.
7. Add some acetate to the back of the paper to act as a window.
8 Fill the envelope. I used chocolate coins.
9. Glue or tape the flaps at the back
10. Make a hole at the top and thread a ribbon through.
11. Decorate as you wish.
I decorated mine with tiny tags made from printed images from the Christmas Sayings stamp set. I added some fussy cut holly to the green tag and a bow to the red tag, both from the Christmas Haberdashery collage set. Glitter was applied around the circle window.

3.  The next tag is a shaker tag:


How to make the shaker tag:
1. Die cut a scalloped circle from white card for the base of the tag.
2.  Place a smaller scalloped circle inside a larger scalloped circle and die cut 8 times. I'm calling these 'circle rims'. These will be glued together to form the sides of the shaker and will allow space for the sequins to move.
3. Cut a circle of acetate and sandwich between 2 of the rim circles. I used double sided tape for this. Add patterned paper to the top rim.
4. Decorate the base of the tag - I fussy cut a darling little deer from the Holiday Kids collage set and glued him down onto patterned paper ( I used the Winter Wonderlands paper pack). I added some sparkle in the form of glitter to the snow-like paper. 
5. Build up the shaker tag by gluing the circle rims together. DO NOT FORGET to add sequins or glitter BEFORE you add the acetate top to your tag.
6. For the back of my tag, I copied an image from the Christmas Sayings stamp set into powerpoint and added a 'To' and 'From' to make it more tag-like.  Before this was glued to the back, I added a folded ribbon to tie to the gift. I finished the front off by adding a bow from the same ribbon.


4.  My final tag is a Spinner Tag. 
It doubles as a tree decoration. 
Below you can see the front and back views:

 

How to make the Spinner Tag:
1. Die cut 2 piece of white card using a scalloped circle inside a larger scalloped circle. Put aside the inner circle for future projects.
2. Choose an image for your spinner.  I chose the sleigh children from the Christmas Cuties collage sheet. You will need a mirror image of your chosen image as well.  Do this in Word, or PowerPoint (if you need to know how, then look at my quick video here). Print the images and fussy cut. I added some iridescent glitter.
3. Take some thread or jewellery cord - I used stretchy transparent, but any will do. Sandwich the thread through the centre of the spinner image - double sided tape is the easiest way of securing this.
4. Next, the ends of the thread need to be sandwiched between the white card circle rims. Make sure the thread is quite taut at this stage.
5. Die cut patterned paper and cover the front and back of the circle. Ink the edges.
6. I added sentiment banners from my stash to the bottom of my tag.
7. I also added fussy cut and glittered paper bows from the Christmas Haberdashery collage sheet to the top of the tag, (as with the spinner image, you will need two of these and one will need to be a mirror image) and these concealed the doubled ribbon I glued to the top of the tag.



Here are the Gecko Galz products I used:
Christmas Sayings Digital Stamp Set ;     Grandma's House ;    Winter Wonderlands
        

Christmas Cuties  ;               Christmas Haberdashery;              Tiny Christmas Angel 
    

Holiday Kids ;                             Alter It
   


If you would like to be in with a chance of winning a prize, leave a comment below and one on the main Gecko Galz bog and come back to the main blog tomorrow to see if you are a winner. One winner is chosen EACH day!

And, one last thing....
Gecko Galz BOGO Sale this weekend only!

When you make a purchase at the Gecko Galz store this weekend 
Thursday December 8- Sunday December 11
when you purchase 1 item you get a second of equal or lesser value for FREE!
Purchase the products you want from the shop then email us your list of FREE items and we will send them right over. This will also place you in our weekly purchase and win drawing...so come discover all the new products from Gecko Galz and SAVE! SAVE! SAVE!

I hope you like what I made.
Bravo if you're still here!

Don't forget to join in the Tag challenge here.



If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them in the comments below.


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Circular Tags 1:
Crafty Calendar Challenge Christmas Time 28/12
Gem of a Challenge #184 AG Christmas 5/1
Paperminutes #464 Present Decoration 12/12
Unicorn Challenge #16 Add Some Glitter 30/12

Envelope Tags 2:
Crafting With Dragonflies Get Your Christmas On 23/12
Everybody Art Challenge #392 Tag 12/12

Shaker Tag 3:
My Time To Craft #335 Christmas Animals 16/12
Crafty Ribbons #179 Christmas 13/12
Crafty Cardmakers #178 Anything but a Card 11/12
Dream Valley Challenges #146 Christmas 7/1

Spinner Tag 4:
Studio75 #12 Christmas Decoration 31/12
Daring Cardmakers Step Away #3 Decorate It 16/12
Creative Inspirations #263 Christmas Creations 13/12
Crafty Boots Challenges Christmas 18/12


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks x
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.