Sunday 4 December 2016

Oh Happy!

Hello crafty friends!

I'd like to welcome a new follower, Jackie P. Neal.  I'm so glad you could join me, Jackie!


I'm here today with a Christmas card I made for our swap in the Vera Lane Studio Facebook group. 

I used a digital stamp set called Oh Happy! from Vera Lane Studio. I love the fun, quirky characters with their wobbly eyes and silly expressions. Head on over to the shop to see the wonderful sets created by artist Janet Klein.


I inked my background, with ink dusters and a blending tool, onto satin silk art card from Inkilicious. I used a punched circle as a mask to act as the moon. Once I was happy with the sky colour, I blotted some water droplets to remove some of the ink, then stamped snowflakes and heat embossed them with Snowflake Tinsel EP. I die cut some snow drifts, using a border die, and arranged them onto my black mat. My three characters were coloured with Spectrum Noir markers and finished with Spectrum Noir blendable pencils. Glitter was applied to the snowman, the elf's white fur trim and the reindeer antlers. Glossy accents was added to the reindeer's nose, the elf's belt buckle and bell and the snowman's carrot nose. All three images were fussy cut, leaving a thin white border. They were adhered to the card on foam pads. The sentiment also comes with the digi set; it was die cut and attached on foam pads.


Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo



I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Dragonfly Journeys #80 Christmas Critters 11/12
Crafters Cafe Challenge #162 Christmas and/or Birthday 12/12
Sparkles Challenges #86 Christmas is Coming  14/12
Dragonfly Dreams Christmas 26/12
Angies Digital Stamps #4 AG wiith option of Christmas 30/12
613 Avenue Create #192 AG with option Holiday Happiness 31/12
Come and Get It Challenge Christmas 31/12
Christmas Cards All Year Round December Anything Christmas 31/12
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra 31/12
Paper Creators Crafts #54 Christmas 31/12
12 Months Of Christmas #24 AG/Option of Welcome to the North Pole 31/12

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).


Thanks x
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.