Tuesday 6 December 2016

Shaker Snowman: {PIN}spirational Challenge #180

Hello my friends!

Today is the start of a new challenge at 
{PIN}spirational Challenges.
Challenge #180 runs until 19th December.

Our sponsor for this challenge is The Cutting Cafe.



And this is the inspiration photo:



What a gorgeous little girl. She's so excited, I can almost hear her squealing with happiness!
How will she inspire you?  
Maybe it's the colours, or the gift, or her mittens and bob cap? 
Remember our challenge is always Anything Goes, so you can make anything you like - it doesn't have to be a card. We'd love to see your project!

I was lucky to get a cutting file from The Cutting Cafe.  Now, I don't have a cutting machine, but that's not a problem since as well as SVG and WPC files, the download includes a PDF file for printing out, then hand cutting. There are full instructions in the download on how to assemble the projects.

Here is my Snowman Shaker Card:



I hope you like him!  
I printed the PDF files out onto white card. I cut out the snowman card shape and all the accessories. I decided to heat emboss the head and feet section, as well as the shaker front, using Snowflake Tinsel embossing powder. The hat, mittens and scarf were cut out of patterned card. I decided to put some Fluffy Puffy Stuff from Inkilicious onto the mitten  cuffs and hat headband - this is heat activated and fluffs up to give dimension and texture. The bob on the cap is a tiny pompom from some trim I had in my stash. The holly berries on his headband are tiny ivory flat back pearls which I coloured with alcohol markers. My snowman has moveable goggly eyes and his nose has glossy accents to make it shine. His tummy is filled with iridescent glitter and tiny stars.



That's all from me today.  I hope you'll pop over to 
to check out the gorgeous designs by the rest of the DT. 
We would love for you to take part in the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by today. 
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

A Gem of A Challenge #183 Snowmen/women 9/12
Crazy4Challenges  C4C365 - S.T.A.R. 10/12
S = Snowman; 
T =  Trim on his cuffs and hat /Twiggy arms;  
A = Aqua (colour of scarf!);  
R = Red (berries, mittens and hat )
Crafting From The Heart Challenge #139 AG 11/12
Craft Your Passion Challenge #341 AG 11/12
Make My Monday Challenge #36 Show Me A Snowman18/12
The Paper Girls Challenge #117 Snowmen 18/12


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks x
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.