Monday 2 January 2017

Vera Lane Studio: All Good Things are Wild and Free ATC


Hello! 



             
I'm super excited to be hosting the first Vera Lane Studio ATC Swap of 2017. 
I hope you will come along and take part.
We play on Facebook in a private group, which I invite you all to join! You can find us HERE

In order to play you must use a Vera Lane Studio digital stamp. There are some free ones available once you join the group, or you can browse the VLS Etsy shop, in which case you'll be spoiled for choice and won't know which set(s) to buy!

Janet, the owner and artist, has released a new set of digital stamps today called 'Foxes'. They are the start of a new collection called the Woodlands Collection.
Aren't they adorable?



Here is my ATC:




I coloured the images with Spectrum Noir alcohol pens.
Fox fur: OR1, TN4, TN5    
 Cheeks: EB1 and Blender
Dress: LG2, CG2       
Scarf: DG2, DG3        
Boots: TN9, TN4 and Blender
Tree trunk: EB2, CG2, TN9
Tree Top: DG3 and EB2 applied with broad tip in sweeping swirl strokes
Acorns: EB2, DG2, TN4, Blender

The background card has modelling paste applied through a stencil around the edges. It was coloured using Dylusions spray inks in Calypso Teal and Lime Green, but really letting the ink soak in to give a deep colour and reapplying until I got the effect I wanted. Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Iridescent Gold was lightly spritzed over the background to give a lovely shimmer. I also spritzed the Glimmer Mist onto the trees (these were from a set called Straight Street). I added a bit of definition to the background using Tim Holtz distress ink in Vintage Photo and a blending tool.

The trees were glued in place directly onto the card. Mrs Fox was adhered on foam pads to make her stand out a little. The sentiment, which comes with the set, was cut into strips and the edges inked with Vintage Photo. The acorns were glued onto the trees and one onto the ground. Finally, I went around the edge of the ATC with Vintage Photo ink and a blending tool to frame the card.



Here are the 2 sets I used to make this ATC:

  

Why not come and join the fun in our VLS Facebook group and take part in our ATC swaps?

I'll look forward to seeing you there!



Thanks for stopping by today.
I'd love it if you became a 'follower'!
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Crafty Gals Corner #103 AG 03/01
Creative Craft Cottage #78 AG 04/01
Tuesday Throwdown #324 Winter Critters 10/01
Crafty Friends Challenge #48 AG 12/01
Petal Lu Challenge #29 AG 14/01
A Bit More Time To Craft #35 AG 14/01
A Perfect Time To Craft #1 AG 27/01 DT Favourite
Country View Challenges January AG 31/01
Crafting Circle January AG 31/01
Paper Creator's Crafts #55 AG 31/01



I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.