Tuesday 25 April 2017

Vera Lane Studio: The Graduate

Hello!

  

Today I'm sharing another DT project for Vera Lane Studio.

Janet, the owner and artist at Vera Lane, is on a roll with cute, whimsical characters and this little graduate, from a set called Graduation Day, is the latest to join The Lane. It contains a girl and a boy graduate along with accessories and three sentiments.



I made an easel card:



Easel cards are one of my favourite cards because they are so simple to make, but look a little bit special. If you want a photographic step by step tutorial, look here.

The great thing about digital stamps is that they can be resized, reversed, and arranged before being printed. For my little graduate, I placed his degree scroll in one hand and his mortarboard cap in the other, as he jumps for joy.

I coloured the little graduate with alcohol markers (I'm absolutely delighted as I have bought some Copics and can't wait to add to my tiny collection). Once coloured he was fussy cut leaving a thin white border. As I planned to attach him onto a patterned paper background, I decided to mat the image onto black card first. He was attached on foam pads to the dp.

I used two of the sentiments from the set on the inside of the card. The 'Congratulations Graduate' sentiment is popped on foam pads and acts as the stopper for the easel.



Graduation Day




I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! You can find us HERE
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!




Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo


I'd like to play along in these challenges:

 x Allsorts Challenge #412 I Spy 'B' 30/04
B for Boy
Pammies Inky Pinkies Challenges #1717 AG 30/04
Crafty Sentiments AG 01/05
TTCRD AG 02/05
Di's Digi Designs Challenge Use Something Digital 05/05
Corrosive Challenges  #4 AG 05/05
Pile It On Challenge #129 Interactive  07/05
A Snowflakes Promise #39 AG 07/05


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.