Friday 12 May 2017

*Vera Lane Studio: ATC Black and White with a pop of colour

Hello Crafty Friends!

I'm just back from a few days spent in the lovely Gibralta sunshine. We had a lovely time, resting and relaxing in-between exploring the Nature Reserve on The Rock and meeting the wild Barbary Apes.

Today I'm sharing an ATC I made for the May swap at Vera Lane Studio Facebook Group. Stephanie is hosting the swap and the theme is Black and White with a POP of colour.


I coloured the girl (February set) and flowers (Blooms set) using markers and pencils in various shades of grey. My pop of colour was crimson. I used white gel pen to add a few highlights and a blender pen to soften the colours on the edges of the blooms.  My little girl was fussy cut leaving a white border and then matted onto black card to make her pop from the background.
The background of the ATC is made from fabric tape and washi tape. The girl was added on foam pads and the blooms were shaped to give them some dimension and then added on foam pads. The sentiment is from the Fairy House set and was glued directly onto the background. The edges of the ATC were inked with a blender and black ink.


February                   Blooms                       The Fairy House

      

I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! You can find us HERE
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!




Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

*Creatalicious Challenges #114 AG 15/05
*Little Miss Muffet Challenges #162 AG 18/05
*A Perfect Time To Craft May AG 27/05
*Crafting With An Attitude #27 AG 28/05
*Crafty Girls Creations #36 AG JFF 30/05
*Crafty Awesomeness May AG  01/06
Create and Inspire #62 AG/Option - add flowers 10/06 DT Favourite




I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.