Monday 29 May 2017

* Vera Lane Studio: ATCs

Hello Crafty Friends!

Today I have some Vera Lane Studio projects to share. 

I made a couple of ATCs following the Black and White with a Pop of Colour theme:

   

The backgrounds were made with acrylic paint and plastic wrap. I love the way they turned out.  Simply take some card, coat with gesso and let it dry. Spritz water over gessoed surface, add desired acrylic colour in blobs and use a paintbrush to spread and mix. The paint needs to be fluid, but quite thick - remember the more paint you use, the longer it takes to dry. Next lay plastic wrap over the painted card and push and crinkle the wrap into wrinkles all over. Allow the paint to dry thoroughly, preferably overnight, and then remove the wrap. (Here is a short video that I found online which shows the technique.)

The images are all coloured with alcohol pens and fussy cut. 



The tree has some Nuvo Crystal Drops on the apples and the baby raccoon has Glossy Accent eyes and nose. A part sentiment was cut into strips and glued directly onto the background.  Washi tape was torn and used along the top and bottom edges. Green sticker gems were added in the corners and a white, hand drawn Posca pen border finishes the ATC off.

     Raccoons                      Woodland Props                 The Foxes (sentiment)

    


I love the textured look to this background. Again I tore washi tape and used it along the edges as a border. The flowers are simply printed and fuss cut - no colouring here, but I added Glossy Accents to them. The cat has Glossy Accent eyes.

Cats and Crocks                  The Gardener

        

I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! You can find us HERE
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!




Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo


I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Jo's Scrapshack #190 AG 03/06
Creative Fingers Challenge #131 AG 08/06
Crafting When We Can #145 B & W with Splash of Colour 11/06


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.