Monday 8 May 2017

* Vera Lane Studio: Black and White with a Pop of Colour

Hello crafty friends!


Today I'm sharing a DT project for Vera Lane Studio.

This week we have a theme: 
Black and White with a Pop of Colour
This ties in with the May ATC swap, hosted by Stephanie ... we'd love you to join in the fun!

So here is my project:

 

I used some of the older VLS sets for this: Ocean 11 and Under The Sea. All images were resized, some flipped and printed. They were coloured with alcohol markers and pencils. White gel pen adds some highlights. 

The background was made with Brushos - I sprinkled black Brusho onto thick card and spritzed with water - to my surprise, the powder turned out to be a mixture of colours which then blended together to give this inky-black colour - if you look closely there are little patches of red and blue which didn't fully dissolve, but I like the effect! They add to the pop of colour!

They images were fussy cut and the white cut edges inked. Most were glued directly onto the background, but some shells, a starfish and the fish were added on foam pads. I used watercolour pencil to add shadows around the elements.

I finished off by adding some clear gems to represent bubbles and a few grey pearls. A wonky, wavy border was made with a white gel pen that needs replacing!  

Finally the images were matted onto white, then black card and taped to a blank tent card.


Ocean's 11                        Under The Sea

  

I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! You can find us HERE
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!




Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo


I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Jo's Scrapshack #187 AG  12/05
Creative Fingers #129 AG 12/05
Artistic Inspirations #178 AG 14/05 DT Favourite
Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends #57 AG 18/05
My Time To Craft #345 Masculine 19/05
Paper Nest Dolls #5 AG  03/06

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.