Monday 1 May 2017

Vera Lane Studio: Unicorn Shaker

Hello, crafty friends!

Today I'm sharing a DT project for Vera Lane Studio.

There is a new VLS release today: Unicorns and Pegasus ... how magical!


I love unicorn's expression! Doesn't he look cheeky?

I made a 6 x 6 inch tent card.

I used a wooden frame, heat embossed with holographic embossing powder, to house the shaker element. Acetate was taped to the underside of the frame and foam tape trimmed to attach the frame to the cloudy paper. I haven't quite mastered the technique of getting the stickiness off the tape edges, so some of the sequins tend to stick to the sides :(



My unicorn is coloured with alcohol markers and has Glossy Accent eyes to make them shine and he has glitter in his mane, tail and along his horn.

I felt that my monochromatic unicorn card needed plenty bling, so I found some silver mesh which I cut into strips.

The unicorn was adhered to the outside of the shaker box using a double layer of foam pads over the acetate and ordinary tacky glue over the frame.

You can see the dimension to the shaker card below:


Unicorn and Pegasus



Also new to the shop are gift certificates - such a perfect present:



I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! You can find us HERE
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!




Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

A Bit Moere Time To Craft #43 AG 14/05
Fabrika Fantasy #9 Monochrome 30/05
JFF Creative Ladybirds #26 AG 31/05
Crafty Girls Creations #36 AG 31/05
CAGI Challenge Make it Square 03/06



I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.