Friday 19 May 2017

* Vera Lane Studio: Windows magnets

Hello Crafty Friends!

Today I'm sharing several DT posts for Vera Lane Studio. This is the second.

This week saw the release of a new set of digital stamps called Windows. The possibilities are endless with these lovely window frames.

I made two magnets:



The images were first arranged in PowerPoint. 
I chose to use some digital paper as my wallpaper behind the windows and found some with tiny patterns. As these were the furthest back they were laid down first. Next came the dog, followed by the window frame. In the cat one, the frame was laid down before the cat, so that the flowers are behind the cats back. 
The images were coloured with alcohol markers. Glossy Accents was added to the eyes. Once the frames were cut out, they were adhered to rectangles of thick corrugated cardboard which was painted with black acrylic paint (as was any of the back side of the image that still showed).
Next, I coated the entire front and back with sealant - I used decoupage paste - this gives the card more strength and durability. Finally strip magnets were adhered to the back.

Here's the back view - not very pretty, but it does the job!



Windows                     February                    Cats and Crocks

    

There are many wonderful and weird residents on Vera Lane. Who would you have looking out from your window? 
DT member Teresa has a mini competition on our Facebook page, open until the end of May, which we'd love you to be a part of.

I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! You can find us HERE
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!




Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo


I'd like to play along in these challenges:

*Crafty Catz #371 AG  25/05
*SimplyPapercrafts #46 AG 25/05
Creative Fingers Challenge #130 AG 26/05
Colour Crazy Challenge #20 AG 02/06
*Dragon's Lair Challenges May AG 31/05
*Simply Create #127 Must use a digital stamp 31/05



I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.