Monday 26 June 2017

* Vera Lane Studio: Seahorse

Hello Crafty Friends!

We're almost at the end of June - that's half of the year gone already!
I expect a lot of people feel the same as me and wonder where the time went.
Before we know it, we'll be making plans for Christmas :)

Today is my DT day for Vera Lane Studio.

Janet is constantly creating new little characters, and today sees the release of The Seahorse and Octopus. This gorgeous set comes with underwater rocks, plants and shells. It's the perfect set to compliment The Mermaid.

Here is my make:


I've had these Inkilicious Artboard Plaques for a while and decided this was the perfect opportunity to use one. I created my own little underwater scene, with bright vivid colours and sparkle - pretty much how I expected to see an underwater scene, until I ventured onto an Atlantis Submarine in Oahu and was totally disappointed! :(  Everything looked so dull - the captain said it was due to light refraction or some such??? Go figure!! Pesky science!

Anyhow, onto my make:
 You may wonder why my seahorse is this strange colour, but I actually found a seahorse that looks similar to this:

 

I coated the artboard with gesso and, when dry, added modelling paste through stencils. Next I applied dye sprays  - this was a mistake as the paint didn't dry completely, so I coated the plaque with Mod Podge, leaving some parts quite thick which added to the background texture. Whist this was still wet I added some Dylusions dyed cheesecloth and some Fauna Art Glitter (my new favourite craft supply!). 
The images were coloured with alcohol pens, glitter added, fussy cut, then attached to the board.




The Seahorse and Octopus


I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! You can find us HERE
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!




Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Daring Cardmakers  Must Go Down to the Sea (JFF) 30/06
Delicious Doodles All Creatures Great and Small 30/06
Crafting By Designs Animals 30/06
Glitter n Sparkle #245 AG 02/07
* Crafting When We Can #147 Use an Image 07/07
Mixed Media World #26 AG 07/07
Love 2 Create #13 08/07 WINNER



I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.