Tuesday 1 August 2017

* Gecko Galz: Seagulls By The Shore


Hello Crafty Friends!


Today sees the start of a new challenge at 
Gecko Galz.

This month our customer challenge theme is 'By The Shore'. We'd love to see your projects!

Here is my DT customer inspiration project:



I made a card featuring a pair of seagulls from the Beachy Jewels Collage Set. The original image is a 1 x 1 inch square, but I resized it in Gimp. I am fairly new to digital manipulation, but have been watching the fabulous series of tutorials by Gecko Galz DT member, Heather Hudson, on You Tube.The resizing tutorial is here. My resized image measures 2.5 x 2.5 inches. 



I used a stitched square die to cut out the image and mounted it onto a scalloped square, inking both the edge of the image and the scalloped mat. I had printed two seagull images, so that I could layer the gulls and other elements on foam pads to give a 3D look. My background paper, called Shore Line, is from the By The Shore paper pack. I distressed the edges with scissors and inked with Vintage Photo. I matted this onto kraft card which was also distressed and inked.



I adhered some textured trim and ink-dyed cheesecloth to the background paper then popped the image on foam pads. I added some die cut seaweed (from paper called Wolsey in the Tudor Rose paper pack) and some shells (also from the Beachy Jewels Collage set). The sentiment is from the Charming Words Collage set. It was inked and popped on foam dots. To finish off the card, I added some pearls and a double organza bow.

  

By The Shore                     Beachy Jewels                   Charming Words



I hope you'll join our 'By The Shore' challenge. The winner gets a whopping $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.



The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product (this can be one of the freebies, so check back through the blog and also look at the freebies on the Pinterest page, or of course you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month.


Please hop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a Private Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. Come and join us!

I'll be back on the 26th with more Gecko Galz projects.
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo


I'd like to play along in the following challenges: 

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #426 02/08 TOP 3
Crafting From The Heart #170 AG 06/08
Creative Moments #123 AG/Summer Fun 06/8 TOP 3

Artistic Inspirations #184 AG 06/08
TTCRD  AG 07/08
Paper Minutes #498 Birds JFF 07/08
Through The Purple Haze #130 AG 09/08
Ikes World #94 AG 12/08
Crafty Creations Challenges #347 AG 15/08
Crafting By Designs AG (1) 05/09
Love to Craft #13 AG 31/08


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.