Friday 1 September 2017

Gecko Galz: Harvest Time 1

Hello Crafty Friends!


It's September already and time to start a new challenge at 
Gecko Galz.

Before I get to my design piece, let me tell you that Gecko Galz are looking for new design stars to join the DT in 2018. If you are interested, the details are here and applications close on October 15th.

**** 

This month our customer challenge theme is ''Harvest Time" - such a wonderful time of the year, with all the beautiful autumnal colours. 
 We would love to see your projects!

Here is my DT customer inspiration project:



I used a lovely image from the Thankful For Fall Jewel It set. I resized the image in Gimp to make it 5 x 10.5 cm. I teamed it with beautiful patterned paper (AC01) from the Autumn Colours Mini Paper Pack.  I distressed the edges of the image and the patterned paper with scissors, then inked them with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I used some deep gold paper I had in my stash to make a mat for the image and a mat for the background paper - distressing and inking the edges of these too. 


 I added some chocolate brown organza ribbon across the middle of the patterned paper mat before adding the image on foam pads. I made a loopy bow from the ribbon and some flowers using a Heartfelt Creations die set (Arianna Blooms). The flowers were inked in a puddle of watered down Memento Dandelion ink, then shaped with a stylus. The stamen were inked with Memento Desert Sand ink and a small pearl added to the centre of each flower.  The flowers were arranged with loops of natural fibres and dried flowers from Anna Marie Designs.




Thankful For Fall Jewel It                       Autumn Colours Mini Paper Pack
 
          

That's all from me for now!

I hope you'll join our 'Harvest Time' challenge. 
The winner gets a whopping $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.



The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product (this can be one of the freebies, so check back through the blog and also look at the freebies on the Pinterest page, or of course you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month.

  
Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a Private Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. Come and join us!

I'll be back on the 26th with more Gecko Galz projects.
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges: 

Crafty Catz #382 AG 07/09
Frilly and Funkie A little Rusty 13/09
Dies R Us  #80 Handmade Flowers 13/09 WINNER

Crafting With Friends #49 AG 14/09
Classic Design Team Challenge September 26/09
Making Memories #9 AG 30/09
Crafty Girls Creations #39 AG 30/09
DL Art September AG 30/09
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Sept AG 30/09
Love to Craft Sept AG 30/09


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.