Wednesday 31 January 2018

* GDT Crafting by Designs: Fairy Wishes

 Hello!

I was delighted to win a recent challenge at Crafting By Designs Challenge Blog, and even more thrilled to be asked by Doris to Guest Design.

The challenge this week is Things with Wings and here is the card I made:


I've had this Lavinia silhouette fairy stamp (Freya) for well over a year and this is the first time I've used her. To be honest I'm not such a good stamper, but one of my Christmas gifts was a stamping platform and wow ... it's opened up a whole new world for me!

I made the background with distress oxide inks, smooshing the ink onto a craft mat, spritzing with water then dipping, dabbing and drying the background card in-between new colours. The edges of the card are inked and the fairy is grounded with ink applied along a torn piece of paper. The gorgeous sentiment is from Inkilicious, as are the small foliage stamps used all around the edges. I added some Diamond Sparkle Medium to the fairy dust and to the fairy wings. 

I matted the stamped scene onto black textured paper and then attached it to a 6 x 6 inch card base. 


Thanks to the team at Crafting By Designs for inviting me to be a guest designer.
My badge is now proudly displayed in the side bar!



I do hope you'll pop over and join in with the challenge!


Thanks for stopping by today! 

xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #74 AG 02/02
Stamped Blessings AG + Stamp 04/02
Always Fun #43 Monsters or Fairies 04/02 
Crafty Sentiments #30 AG 05/02 Top 3
613 Ave Create #205 AG 05/02
A Snowflakes Promise #47 AG 05/02 (#2)
Fashionable Stamping #131 AG 10/02
Crafty Cardmakers #204 Get Inky 11/02 WINNER
Crafty Creations #359 AG 12/02 (#3)
Retarte #114 AG 13/02


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.