Tuesday 20 February 2018

* Janis turns 60: Chickens

Hello!

One of my blogging buddies, Janis from Her Peaceful Garden is turning 60 this month and she's organised an ATC party. Each week in February she'll announce a new theme. Week 2's theme is ... And the Chickens.

Janis loves cats, in fact she owns about sixteen! She also has some chickens, so here's my homage to Janis's back yard :)



I used a lovely image from a Gecko Galz collage sheet. I distressed and inked the edges of the image and prepared a 2.5 x 3.5 cm background for it. I applied Vintage Photo ink to the ATC base then adhered some raffia trim. I layered a snippet of twine trim across the centre then added some cheesecloth and then popped the image on foam pads. Ivory twine was wrapped around one edge of the ATC and tied with a bow. A hessian flower and button was popped in one corner. 

***
I also made this quirky ATC: I'm calling it Cats Among the Pigeons Chickens!


  I used quirky and whimsical digital stamps from Vera Lane Studio (Cats and Crocks and New Day). The digis are coloured with Copics and fussy cut. The cats and chickens eyes have Glossy Accents applied so that they shine. They are popped on foam pads on top of a gelli print background with some natural fibres. A hand drawn border finishes the ATC.


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Country Charm
Hiding in my Craftroom #340 Buttons or Bows 24/02
Pixies Snippets AG with snippets 02/03
Unstampabelles #76 AG 02/03
Dream Valley #173 Things with Wings 04/03
International Art and Soul  #27 Use stuff you already own 04/03
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #76 AG 04/03
TIOT  Vintage 06/03

Cats Among the Chickens
Pennys Challenges #367 AG 20/02
Creative Knockouts #233 AG 2/02
Jo's Scrapshack #221 AG 23/02
Crafty Creations #360 AG 27/02

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.